Venues COVID-19 update
Tuesday 09 June 2020
This means that community venues are open for groups of less than 10 people for socially distanced events.
How do I book or check availability?
Click here to login to our online booking system.
If you haven’t booked with us before you may need to register as a new user.
If you need help to book a space please call us on 03 9205 5555 during business hours.
What hygiene practices and safety protocols will be in place?
For bookings during this period the following measures will be in place:
• A limited number of people will be allowed in the venues to enable social distancing guidelines can be met; hirers are obliged to follow social distancing and hygiene rules as dictated by State Government directions.
• Contact tracing (recording name and phone number of attendees) via scanning a QR code is required to comply with government requirements.
• A Venues staff member will work as a concierge at the door to manage access to the venue. They will sanitise high-touch areas before and after each booking.
• Professional cleaners will clean between every booking
• Internal doors will be kept open to reduce transmission on surfaces
• Every venue will have access to a handwashing station
• Some parts of the venue may be unavailable, such as kitchens and kitchenettes
• Masks are mandatory- if you have a medical exemption you need to inform us prior to your booking.
Hirers are asked to follow the direction of staff and signage, and be respectful of the rules that are in place to keep everyone safe.
Can I make reservations for future larger bookings now?
You can make new booking requests via our online booking system, however please be aware of current State Government advice when planning your events.
All bookings after 23 November will be on hold until we know which restrictions will apply. If we are unable to facilitate your booking we will let you know as soon as possible.
We are currently staffing every booking and if we are unable to provide staffing during this period, your booking will be cancelled and your hire fees will be refunded.
What advice should I give attendees of my booking?
All attendees should be well informed to stay home if they have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
COVID-19 can spread after close contact with an infectious person, through droplets from a cough or sneeze, and touching of contaminated services.
Your risk of serious illness from coronavirus increases if you are:
• aged 70 years or over
• aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
• an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years and over who has a chronic medical condition
• immune suppressed
There is currently no cure or vaccine for coronavirus, or immunity in the community, so you need to protect yourself. If you identify as one of the groups above please talk to us about how we can support you.
Remember everyone should:
• practice good hand hygiene – regularly washing your hands thoroughly with soap and running water
• try not to touch your face – be aware of what you do with your hands
• keep 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
• practice good cough etiquette – cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue if you cough or sneeze.