Updated 27 July 2021
We are taking bookings for the following:
- Public gatherings: For up to 10 people
- Religious gatherings and ceremonies: Permitted for up to 300 people outdoors.
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm applies.
- A venue smaller than 100sqm can have up to 25 people per venue before density quotient applies.
- COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in.
- Funerals (outdoor): Permitted with 50 people (and those necessary to conduct the funeral). Children under 12 months old are not counted towards this cap. COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in.
- Weddings (outdoor): Permitted with no more than 50 people (including the two persons being married and two witnesses. The celebrant and photographer are not included in the cap). COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in. Dancefloors are not permitted.
- Outdoor fixed seated entertainment (Fairfield Amphitheatre): Open up to a maximum of 300 people per outdoor space. Group limit of 10 people. Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies in non-seated areas. Up to 124 people for Amphitheatre. COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in.
Public Events Framework
- Public Events must register their event under the Public Events Framework
- Events fall into three Tiers depending on the size and risk factors associated with the event. The public event self-assessment tool will assist with what tier your event falls into and the COVIDSafe document requirements.
- For events over 1000, register your event before reaching out to us
- We will assess your application once it has been approved
- Depending on your event, please register at least 2-3 months before your proposed event date
- You can advertise your event after approval from both DHS and Yarra City Council
Please read below before you make a booking
- We will only give final approval once State Government COVIDSafe Plans are approved or relevant checklists and attestations are complete
- Please familiarise yourself with the Public Events Framework before making a booking
For further details please visit the Coronvirus Victoria Website
For more information please email email@example.com or phone 03 9205 5205.