415 Church Street, Richmond
415 Church Street, Richmond
Due to the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) this space is closed from Wednesday 18th March 2020 until further notice. All bookings in this space have been cancelled.
The Richmond Theatrette is an intimate space suitable for performances, lectures and general meetings.
The theatrette is located on level one of the Richmond Library complex and has capacity for 120 people (cocktail-style) or 80 people (seated.)
Features and Facilities
- 7.5m x 6.5 m raised stage
- Movable bench seating- no tables
- Control Room with 48 fader lighting console
- 2 x 12 channel Dimmer
- 28 fixed stage lights (various coloured gels)
- Intercom from Control Room to Backstage
- Electric Curtain operated from both Backstage and Control room
- Large Cyc Upstage for projection purposes
- Scissor Lift to Lighting Rig
- Back of Stage storage area
- Stage lift for wheelchair access to stage level
- Dressing Room with shower and toilet
- Foyer with break out area and balcony with city views (shared with hirers of the meeting room)
- Small kitchenette with medium size drinks fridge, dishwasher, microwave and instant boiling water (shared with hirers of the meeting room)
- Richmond Theatrette is fully wheelchair accessible via a lift.
- 2 x ElectroVoice 15” Powered Speakers 1000W
- 1 x MultiCore – 20 x Send – 4 x Return
- 1 x Yamaha MG166CX Mixing Console
- 16 Input channels (10 Mics + 4 Stereo line inputs)
- 3 band Mid-sweep EQ (Ch 1-8), 3 band EQ (Ch 9/10-15/16)
- 6 busses (Stereo + 4 groups), 2 Aux sends + 1 Effect send, 1 Stereo Aux return
- SPX Digital multi effect
Restrictions and Further Information
- Capacity is 80 seated theatre style and 120 standing cocktail-style
- All functions must finish by 10pm Sunday to Thursday or by 1am Fridays and Saturdays.
- This venue is not available to hire on public holidays.
- As Richmond Theatrette is located within the library building, noise levels must be controlled during office and library hours. Unacceptable noise levels that can be heard outside the room may result in the booking being cancelled.
- You must supply your own cutlery, crockery, glassware and linen.
- You may choose your own caterer; names of recommended caterers can be provided upon request.
- This is not a licensed venue. You must apply for a temporary limited licence if you intend to sell alcohol. If you wish to supply alcohol free of charge or to allow your guests to bring their own alcohol, you must submit a Partysafe form to Victoria Police. Functions with alcohol may be asked to hire security guards.
- Download and read our conditions of hire
- Wheelchair accessible
- Disabled parking
How to book
If you’re a registered user and have booked a venue with us before, you can log on to make a new booking.
If you’re a first-time user, please register with us.
If you are from an organisation, please ensure you register your organisation and book in the organisation’s name.
Not-for-profit groups may be eligible for a discounted rate. You must first contact us on 9205 5555 or email@example.com to get verified for a discounted rate.
|Day Rate - NOT FOR PROFIT||$575|
|Weekly Rate - NOT FOR PROFIT||$2,613|
|Bond||Minimum of $200|
|Community Public Liability Insurance (if eligible)||$32|
Not for profit rates are applicable for registered not-for-profit-organisations and charities.