Image courtesy of Ash Caygill, Reunion Park Event, Velodrome Events.
Our Event Permits team manages more than 600 events annually including:
- Johnston St Fiesta
- Victoria St Lunar Festival
- Small local celebrations on residential streets and
- Park-based events like fun runs, concerts and circuses.
Major Events Expression of Interest (EOI) process
The Expression of Interest process is particularly focused on the following types of events:
- Events requiring closures of major roads
- Long stay or recurring events (markets and circuses)
- Events attracting over 1,000 participants
- Events incorporating road closures of Yarra Boulevard
- Other types of events are also welcomed
How do I apply?
If you are interested in holding a Major Event, please follow these steps.
Step 1 - Apply
Submit a preliminary proposal that includes:
- Description of the proposed activity and site
- Frequency (is it a one of event or will you need to use the site multiple times)
- Statement about your experience in running large events.
Step 2 - Assessment
The preliminary proposals are assessed by a panel.
The applicants that best meet the criteria will be issued an in-principle agreement.
Step 3 - Decision
We'll invite successful applicants to submit a detailed proposal for consideration.
We'll contact you and let you know what is required for the detailed application.
Expression of Interest Dates
Round One 2023 Major Event EOI is now OPEN.
This round of applications is for events between July 2023 and June 2024. Applications will remain open until 11.59pm Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Round Two 2023 will open Saturday July 1 2023. This will be for events between January 2024 and December 2024. It will remain open until Monday July 31 2023.
- Please check this section of the website, or sign up to our mailing list for updates.
- For further information on the EOI process please read the EOI Guidelines. (PDF, 709Kb)
For any queries please contact us on 03 9205 5205 or [email protected]