This page was last updated Wednesday 16 June 2021.
From 11.59pm on Thursday 17 June 2021, the COVID-19 restrictions across metropolitan Melbourne (including the City of Yarra) will ease further. These changes follow the Acting Premier's announcement on Wednesday 16 June.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Recycling drop-off centre
- All other services
- Art and exercise classes are cancelled until further notice.
- Seniors groups are cancelled due to number restrictions and clients will be contacted.
- Regional Assessment Service will occur by telephone. However, if required, face to face assessments will take place where it is safe to do so.
- Home care continues with COVID Safe adjustments.
- Community transport is a limited service based on 25% restriction on buses. This is for essential shopping only.
- Delivered meals will continue with additional safety measures.
- Food services centre based meals are cancelled for next week.
- Social support groups at the Willowview Centre will run on a reduced capacity with maximum of 10 participants allowed. Any impacted service users will be contacted by phone.
Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall, Richmond Town Hall, Connie Benn Centre and Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library are open. When you attend our centres, please remember the following:
- Wear your mask at all times.
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing wherever possible
- Please scan the available QR codes and check in for contact tracing.
- If you have any symptoms, please do not come into the centre. Our online services will be available for requests and payments.
- All branches will return to ordinary opening hours and service delivery on Friday 11 June with capacity limits (50 people).
- Some library programs will not run as previously scheduled; check our website for listed cancellations and updates.
- Burnley Golf Course and the outdoor pool at Fitzroy Swimming Pool are currently open, in line with Victorian Government restrictions.
- Indoor pools and gyms will reopen on Friday 18 June. Information about exact capacity limits per space and booking processes will be provided tomorrow, Thursday 17 June. To stay up to date, head to the Road to Reopen and follow us on social media.
- Outdoor community sport training is back with sporting clubs operating in a limited capacity on weeknights and weekends.
- Outdoor community sport competition and all indoor community sport remains suspended until further notice.
- Personal training is allowed in designated open spaces with a limit of 10 clients per session. Permits are required for all commercial personal training.
- All sport and recreation remains subject to Restricted Activity Directions (Metropolitan Melbourne) (No 2) and updated health advice.
Parks and playgrounds
- Yarra's playgrounds are open.
- Please remember to practice good hand hygiene, always wear a face mask and maintain physical distancing.
In order to keep our stallholders and our customers staff, we ask everyone to follow advice below:
- The market is subject to density limits. To give everyone their turn, please make sure you purchase what you need and leave in a timely manner.
- Please scan the QR codes available to check in when you go to the market.
- Masks are no longer required but you will need to maintain 1.5m social distancing.
- Follow all COVID-19 safe guidelines
- The Yarra Youth Centre and Richmond Youth Hub are temporarily closed until further notice to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community.
- We’re still here for you - call us on 9426 1455 or follow us on Facebook and Instagram at @yarrayouthservices.
- If you, a friend or loved one need urgent support, call Triple Zero (000), Lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 551 800).
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- Groups of up to 10 people are allowed to meet in community facilities as long as they meet the relevant density limits.
- From Monday 14 June, we will re-open some of our venues in line with current restrictions. Some venues will remain closed until further notice.
- We will reach out to all hirers impacted by the latest announcement. Click here for more information.
- We will consider bookings of up to 75 people for funeral services. Please contact us to discuss.
Maternal and Child Health
- Home Visits will return to being offered in the home, or you may choose to come to your local MCH centre if you prefer.
- MCH Key Age & Stage consultations for all age groups will proceed face to face, conducted in alignment with our COVID safe plan.
- First Time Parent Groups are limited to groups of 10 adults, in venues that can accommodate 1 person per 4 square metres. We will be reaching out to existing groups to ascertain how sessions can continue to meet safely within the current guidelines.
*Prior to conducting any face to face services, we will be undertaking screening to assess COVID risk, and inquire regarding exposure to Tier 1 and 2 exposure sites as per the Department of Health website.
*If you or your child(ren) are unwell, in any way, please do not attend the centre. Your appointment can be rescheduled, or attended via telehealth. Please call our MCH Bookings Line on 9205 5599 to make any changes.
*Masks must be worn by all adults.
Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
Richmond West and Collingwood College outside school hours care programs are looking forward to welcoming you back to their services from Friday 11th June 2021
There are some specifics around drop off that will see us return to some of the risk mitigation measures from last year.
During child drop off and pick up:
- Parents and carers must wear a face mask when indoors and should keep at least 1.5 metres from others wherever possible.
- Parents needing to enter the space for any period of time will need to sign into the service using our QR Code at the doorway.
Risk mitigation strategies:
- Our team will continue to sign your children in and out of the service.
- Our service and the school will ensure additional cleaning and hand hygiene will be implemented, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in early childhood settings.
To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community, staff and children should stay at home if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, and get tested immediately.
- Immunisation services are an essential service. We welcome everyone to our immunisation clinics.
- Visit our immunisation page to download our full immunisation calendar
- The recycling drop-off centre at 168 Roseneath Street, Clifton Hill is open with extra safety precautions in place.
- The cardboard-only recycling drop-off point located at the Burnley Depot at 440 Burnley Street, Burnley is also open.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across the City of Yarra.
- Please park legally at all times.
- Household waste and recycling collections, planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal.
- There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.