Are you the next Artist in Residence at Yarra Youth Services?
Wednesday 12 January 2022
The Yarra Youth Services Artist in Residence (AIR) program presents annual opportunities to early career artists aged 20 – 25 years to develop their studio practice, build workshop facilitation experience, collaborate and continue creative conversations with peers and mentors.
The studio space accommodates up to 4 artists, depending on their practice.
Successful candidates will engage in a shared 12-month residency in the studio space at Yarra Youth Service’s Block Studios in Fitzroy, free of charge.
The Artist in Residence program has been developed to provide emerging artists with a connection to the City of Yarra with a free studio space to continue developing their practice in return for the opportunity to contribute to the community through creative community engagement and collaboration.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST REQUIREMENTS
Your Expression of Interest will be reviewed by a selection panel unless you would like to nominate selected members of the panel. The panel will consist of:
- Photographer, Atong Atem.
- Current Artist in Resident, Ahmed Cushnow.
- Former Artist in Resident Chelsea Hickman or
- Yarra Youth Services Arts Officer Chris Parkinson
- City of Yarra’s Public Arts Officer, Kara Rees.
You can nominate two or more.
As part of the Expression of Interest process, Yarra Youth Services Arts Officers Rebeca Sacchero and Chris Parkinson will hold a session to support you to realise your application and answer any further questions regarding the residency.
Your submission should talk to:
- Your practice
- Your desire to include your practice in a community context
- Your ability to work flexibly with others
Your application can be submitted via an online form available on our Smartgrants portal.
You will have a choice to provide
- A video, addressing an overview of your arts practice and examples of arts projects that you could run which would engage and inspire young people aged 12 – 25.
- A creative essay (visual, written, comic…It’s up to you!) addressing an overview of your arts practice and examples of arts projects that you could run which would engage and inspire young people aged 12 – 25.
By completing the standard online questions and submission requirements available on our Smartygrants portal.
All applicants will need to provide proof of a current Working with Children’s Check (Please note that a current Working with Children’s Check is required for the residency. If you do not currently have one, please note that your successful engagement will depend upon your commitment to having one completed at your own cost).
Applications close on Sunday 13 February, 2022 at 5pm.
For further information, or to arrange a tour, please contact our Youth Arts Officers.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0418 178 446
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0402 483 092