Heritage Advisory Committee appointed
Wednesday 04 July 2018
A group of 12 keen community members with interests in heritage, architecture, urban planning and local history have been appointed to Yarra’s Heritage Advisory Committee.
The committee will meet every 2 months to discuss ways council and the community can protect and promote the city’s much-loved heritage character.
Some of the members have served on the committee previously, while some are new members who have joined the group for the first time.
The role of the Heritage Advisory Committee is to:
- provide advice to us on strategic heritage matters
- support promotion of local heritage
- raise awareness about heritage issues
- present the views of residents, groups and professionals with an interest in heritage matters to Yarra City Council, and
- contribute to the preparation of a revised Heritage Strategy to be prepared in 2018/2019.
We look forward to working with this committee over the coming year and thank everyone who expressed an interest in joining the committee.
Find out more about the Heritage Advisory Committee or heritage in Yarra.