This page was last updated Monday 23 November 2020
Yarra, along with the rest of metropolitan Melbourne, moved to the Last Step Towards COVID Normal from 11.59pm Sunday 22 November 2020.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Recycling drop-off centre
- All other services
- Most services (like delivered meals and home care) are running as normal with extra safety precautions.
- The Willowview Seniors’ Centre and exercise / art groups, seniors’ social groups and community transport are currently suspended.
- Contact us on 03 9205 5555 if you need help with essential shopping assistance, free transport for COVID testing or staying in touch.
- Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall and Richmond Town Hall are open. We will let you know when our remaining centres can safely reopen.
- Wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands if you’re visiting us. If you’re feeling unwell or have any COVID symptoms, please stay home and get tested.
- Please use online services where possible.
- Yarra Libraries branches are open with individual capacity and density limits. Visit times will be capped at 90 minutes. Wait times may apply.
- Collingwood Library is closed due to ongoing building works.
- Visit Yarra Leisure’s Road to Reopen for information about which centres and facilities are currently open, and to make a booking.
- Personal training is now allowed outdoors. Visit personal trainer permits for more information.
- Mayors Park tennis and Fitzroy Tennis Club are open for singles bookings only.
- All remaining sport and recreation pavilions are closed until further notice.
Parks and playgrounds
- Yarra's playgrounds are open. Please remember to practice good hand hygiene and maintain physical distancing.
- The market is open every Saturday with capacity and density limits.
- Please follow any directions from market staff and on-site signage.
- All face-to-face programs and activities are suspended until further notice.
- The Youth Centre at 156 Napier Street, Fitzroy is closed until further notice.
- The L2P program is temporarily suspended until further notice.
- We're still here for you – call 03 9426 1455, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- We’re accepting some venue bookings – visit Yarra City Arts for up-to-date information.
- EOIs for major event permits are currently open. Visit Plan an Event for up-to-date information.
- Long day care services are open for all families.
- Face-to-face maternal and child health services have resumed.
- Our occasional care service is suspended until further notice.
- Some Yarra toy libraries have resumed services. Contact your local service for more information.
- Parent activity programs and all external programs at Connie Benn Centre are postponed until further notice.
- Supported playgroups are suspended until further notice.
- First-time parent groups are offered online while face-to-face groups are suspended.
- Our immunisation service is running as normal with extra precautions in place.
- The recycling drop-off centre in Clifton Hill is open. Extended wait times are likely – thank you for your patience.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across the City of Yarra.
- Please park legally at all times.
- Household waste and recycling collections, planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal.
- There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.