This page was last updated Monday 7 December 2020
Yarra, along with the rest of metropolitan Melbourne, moved to COVIDSafe Summer Restrictions from 11.59pm Sunday 6 December 2020.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Recycling drop-off centre
- All other services
- Most services (like delivered meals and home care) are running as normal, with extra safety precautions.
- The Willowview Seniors’ Centre and exercise / art groups, seniors’ social groups and community transport are currently suspended.
- Call us on 03 9205 5555 if you need help with essential shopping assistance, free transport for COVID testing, or staying in touch.
- Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall, Richmond Town Hall, Connie Benn Centre and Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library are open.
- Wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands if you’re visiting us. If you’re feeling unwell or have any COVID symptoms, stay home and get tested.
- Please use online services where possible.
- Yarra Libraries branches are open with individual capacity and density limits. Visit times will be capped at 90 minutes. Wait times may apply.
- Collingwood Library is closed due to ongoing building works.
- Visit Yarra Leisure’s Road to Reopen for information about which centres and facilities are currently open, and to make a booking.
- Personal training is now allowed outdoors. Visit personal trainer permits for more information.
- Mayors Park tennis and Fitzroy Tennis Club are open for singles bookings only.
- All remaining sport and recreation pavilions are closed until further notice.
Parks and playgrounds
- Yarra's playgrounds are open. Please remember to practice good hand hygiene and maintain physical distancing.
- The market is open every Saturday with capacity and density limits.
- Please follow any directions from market staff and on-site signage.
- The Youth Centre at 156 Napier Street, Fitzroy is open for information, support and referral on weekdays from midday to 4pm.
- Some after school group programs have re-commenced in-person – check our Instagram for more details.
- The L2P program will resume on Monday 14 December 2020.
- You can also call us on 03 9426 1455, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- We’re accepting some venue bookings – visit Yarra City Arts for up-to-date information.
- EOIs for major event permits are currently open. Visit Plan an Event for up-to-date information.
- Long day care services are open for all families.
- Face-to-face maternal and child health services have resumed.
- Our occasional care service is suspended until further notice.
- Some Yarra toy libraries have resumed services. Contact your local service for more information.
- Parent activity programs and all external programs at Connie Benn Centre are postponed until further notice.
- Supported playgroups are suspended until further notice.
- First-time parent groups are offered online while face-to-face groups are suspended.
- Our immunisation service is running as normal with extra precautions in place.
- The recycling drop-off centre in Clifton Hill is open. Extended wait times are likely – thank you for your patience.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across the City of Yarra.
- Please park legally at all times.
- Household waste and recycling collections, planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal.
- There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.