Yarra Park Life
Sunday 31 December 2017
Come along to Edinburgh Gardens, North Fitzroy from 12noon on Sunday 31 December for Yarra Park Life, a low-key, free and family-friendly event on the afternoon of New Year’s Eve. This family-friendly event will feature dog shows and awards, food trucks, and an outdoor cinema.
This is an alcohol free event.
Dog Show and Awards
This is a chance for your favourite four-legged friends to shine! Categories will include revered rescue dog, cutest puppy and most impressive trick, with great doggo prizes and awards up for grabs. Register on the day from 1pm.
- 2pm to 4pm
- Alfred Crescent Pavilion and off-leash area
- 12pm to 8pm
- Food trucks will be selling picnic-friendly meals, Oscar the Vintage Coffee Van and Billy Van Creamy ice cream from lunchtime till early evening.
We will be hosting two free film screenings during the late afternoon for the kids and evening for adults, alongside popcorn and film snacks provided by animal rescue group Maneki Neko. Between films, pull up a patch of grass and enjoy the city fireworks at 9.30pm and midnight from the comfort of your picnic rug in one of Yarra’s finest parks.
- 7.40pm 'Oddball', an eccentric chicken farmer, with the help of his granddaughter, trains his mischievous dog Oddball to protect a penguin sanctuary from fox attacks in an attempt to reunite his family and save their seaside town. Rated PG.
- 9.45pm 'Hidden Figures', Three female African-American mathematicians provide crucial calculations for NASA's space race against the Soviet Union. Rated PG.
Edinburgh Gardens will have additional lighting and toilets around the Alfred Crescent Pavilion to help create a safe, easy and family-friendly atmosphere.
New Year's Eve public regulations
While New Year’s Eve celebrations are welcome in all of Yarra’s parks and gardens, there will be zero tolerance for anti-social behaviour.
- Remember to the leave glass bottles and alcohol at home.
- Consumption of alcohol is banned in Yarra’s streets, parks and other public areas from 9pm on Saturday 30 December through to 9am on Monday 1 January.
- Amplified music is also not permitted in these areas.
For more information on New Year’s Eve in Yarra, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9205 5555.
Date and time:
12 noon - Midnight
Sunday 31 December 2017
Alfred Crescent, Fitzroy North